|Dental | Ear | Eye | Flea and Tick | Heartworm | Joints | Medications | Pain | Skin and Coat | Supplies | Vitamins | Specials|
Heart Blood Pressure
Urinary Tract and Kidneys
How to Use Advantage Multi for Dogs
Advantage Multi for dogs provides comprehensive protection from internal and external parasites. Advantage Multi for dogs protects your pet from heartworm, fleas, roundworms, hookworms and whipworms. However, for Advantage Multi for dogs to be effective, it is important to use and apply this pet medication correctly. Here are some simple steps to ensure you use Advantage Multi for dogs properly:
Select the correct dose of Advantage Multi for dogs:
Advantage Multi for dogs comes in five different dosages; select the correct size of Advantage Multi for dogs based upon the weight of your pet. The available sizes of Advantage Multi are: 03–09 pounds, 09–20 pounds, 20-55 pounds, 55-88 pounds, and 88-110 pounds. If your dog weighs over 110 pounds, use a combination of Advantage Multi for dogs to cover his entire weight.
Apply Advantage Multi for dogs monthly:
Advantage Multi for dogs is available in 6 and 12 dose packages. After you have selected the correct dose, it is important that you remember to apply Advantage Multi for dogs regularly, every month. The American Heartworm Society recommends year-round use of a heartworm preventative for your dog. Many pet guardians select an easy-to-remember date such as the first of every month.
How to apply Advantage Multi for dogs:
- Your dog should be standing during the application of Advantage Multi for dogs.
- Part the fur on the back of your dog’s neck, between the shoulder blades, until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the Advantage Multi applicator tube on your dog’s skin. It is important that Advantage Multi for dogs is applied directly to your dog’s skin rather than onto the fur.
- For dogs 3-9 pounds and 9-20 pounds, squeeze the entire contents of the Advantage Multi for dogs applicator tube onto one spot between the shoulder blades.
- For dogs over 20 pounds, apply the entire contents of the Advantage Multi for dogs applicator tube onto the exposed skin in 3 or 4 spots along your dog’s back, starting from the base of the neck to the upper back area. Make sure you apply Advantage Multi for dogs to a spot your dog cannot reach to lick.
Other directions for using Advantage Multi for dogs:
After application, for the first 30 minutes, make sure that other dogs and cats cannot lick the Advantage Multi for dogs from the application site. Separating treated pets for that 30 minute period will reduce the chance of accidental ingestion of Advantage Multi for dogs by other pets. Do not allow any children or other people to touch your pet’s skin for 30 minutes after application of Advantage Multi for dogs. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after applying Advantage Multi for dogs to your pets, and dispose of the empty applicator tube properly.
- Advantage Multi for Dogs vs. Revolution
- Advantage Multi for Dogs: Simplify Your Pet’s Medications
- How to Use Cat Revolution
- K9 Advantix II for Your Dog
- Tips for Applying Topical Dog Flea Meds