|Dental | Ear | Eye | Flea and Tick | Heartworm | Joints | Medications | Pain | Skin and Coat | Supplies | Vitamins | Specials|
Heart Blood Pressure
Urinary Tract and Kidneys
Frontline: A Step-by-Step Application Guide
In order for Frontline to provide effective flea control for your dog or cat, you must make sure to apply Frontline correctly. Here is a detailed, step-by-step guide to properly applying Frontline to your pet:
- First, choose the correct dose of Frontline. Frontline is available in a number of different sizes, based upon the weight of your dog, as well as one size for cats.
- Frontline is a topical, spot-on treatment which you apply once per month. Many pet parents like to choose an easy to remember date to apply Frontline to their pet, such as the first of every month.
- When your pet’s next monthly dose of Frontline is due, remove one Frontline applicator from the foil-backed package.
- Snap open the tip of the Frontline applicator at the pre-cut line. You should snap the Frontline applicator tip away from your face and body so you do not accidentally splash any of the Frontline solution on you.
- Part your pet’s fur between the shoulder blades until you can see the skin. This location ensures your pet cannot lick or ingest the Frontline from the skin. To be effective, Frontline must be applied directly to your pet’s skin, and not to the fur.
- Place the tip of the Frontline pipette to your pet’s skin and squeeze the applicator, until all of the Frontline solution has been applied. The entire contents of the Frontline applicator should be applied to this one single spot. Do not rub in or otherwise try to distribute Frontline on your pet’s skin.
- Dispose of the empty Frontline applicator in the trash.
- Avoid touching the spot where the Frontline was applied to your pet until it is completely dry. Your pet should avoid swimming or getting wet for 24 hours after Frontline is applied.
That’s it! Follow these simple steps to apply Frontline and you can ensure your dog or cat receives long-lasting effective protection from fleas and ticks.
- Why Buy Frontline for Your Pet?
- How to Buy Frontline for Your Pet
- Frontline vs. Certifect: Which is Right for Your Dog?
- Tips for Applying Topical Dog Flea Meds
- Is Frontline the Right Choice for My Pet?