Over time, food and chew toys can cause an excess of plaque and bacteria in your dog's mouth. Combined with poor dental hygiene, bacteria in the mouth can get into your dog's bloodstream, causing damage to the heart, liver, and kidneys. Adding a water additive or dental rinse to your dog's drinking bowl each day (or as often as recommended by your veterinarian) can help to decrease the chances of infection in your dog, and help improve his or her breath.
Over time, bacteria can build up in your dog's water bowl and on his or her teeth and gums. When bacteria is ingested it can cause a range of problems for your dog. A water additive is safe to use and can eliminate bacteria in the water and in your dog's mouth.
Water additives also break down the bacteria that cause plaque and tartar in your dog's mouth. Plaque and tartar are a serious problem, as they can lead to bleeding gums and inflammation if not treated. This can be very painful for your dog and could even cause his or her teeth to fall out.
Many dogs suffer from halitosis, commonly known as bad breath. However, using water additives can help whiten your dog's teeth and freshen his or her breath for optimum oral health.