My Account
Fleas and Ticks
Applying Flea and Tick Control Medication Benefits of Flea & Tick Preventatives for Pets Benefits of Oral Flea Medications & Treatments Can Pets Get Fleas During Cold Weather? Controlling Fleas on Kittens Control Your Pet's Itching and Allergies from Fleas Ehrlichia in Dogs: Symptoms and Treatment Establish Effective Pet Flea Prevention Ferret Flea Control Flea & Tick Control: Frontline Plus or NexGard? Flea and Tick: FAQs About Fleas Flea and Tick: FAQs About Flea Treatments Flea and Tick: FAQs About Ticks Flea and Tick Prevention: Why It's Important Flea Control Treatments for Puppies How to Fog Your Home to Remove Fleas How to Get Rid of Fleas in Your Home How to Kill Fleas in Your Yard How to Kill Fleas on Your Puppy How to Prevent Fleas on Your Cat How to Prevent Fleas on Your Dog How to Spray Your Yard for Fleas How to Use a Flea Comb How to Use a Flea Spray on Pets How to Use Flea Prevention Effectively Indoor Flea Control Killing Flea Eggs with Insect Growth Regulators My Pet's Flea Medicine Isn't Working Outdoor Flea Control Relieve Your Cat's Flea Itching Relieve Your Dog's Flea Itching Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever in Pets Steps To Tackle a Pet Flea Infestation The Top 5 Health Problems Fleas can Cause Tick Paralysis in Dogs Top 4 Flea Myths Every Pet Owner Should Know Types of Flea Control for Cats Types of Flea Control for Dogs When Flea Preventatives Fail Which is the best flea prevention for your pet?

Addison's Disease Allergies Anal Sac Inflammation Anxiety Arthritis Asthma Bladder Stones Cancer Congestive Heart Failure Corneal Ulcers Coughing Cushing's Disease Dental Diabetes Diarrhea Digestive Distemper Dry Eye Ear Infections Ear Mites Fatty Tumors Feline Leukemia Fleas and Ticks Fungal Diseases Glaucoma Hair Loss Heartworm Disease Heartworm Info Hip Dysplasia Horse Lameness Horse Ulcers Hot Spots Hyperthyroidism Hypothyroidism Inflammatory Bowel Disease Joints Kennel Cough Kidney Disease Kidney Stones Kitten Limping Lyme Disease Lymphoma Mange Medication Motion Sickness Nutrition Pain Parvovirus Poisoning Product Info Puppy Rabies Seasons Senior Pets Separation Anxiety Submissive Urination Supplements Unexplained or Unhealthy Weight Urinary Tract Vaccine Reaction Vomiting Worms See All A-Z

Killing Flea Eggs with Insect Growth Regulators

Only about 5% of the flea population is comprised of adult fleas, while the remaining 95% are in the early development stages (flea eggs, flea larvae, and pupae).

Insect growth regulators (IGRs) prevent flea larvae eggs from maturing into adult fleas.

This process interrupts the flea life cycle from progressing since the fleas are no longer able to reproduce.

Killing flea eggs and flea larvae before they mature into adult fleas is the best way to eliminate a
flea infestation.

Share Website Feedback