What is Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula?
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula is part of the Allergy-Free line of foods created for dogs prone to food allergies or sensitivities. This dog food limits the ingredients in your dog's diet which may help to reduce allergic reactions such as skin problems, upset stomach, or an irritable bowel. Fresh sweet potatoes, real venison meat, canola oil, and flaxseed comprise the bulk of this food without any artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors.
Puppies and Dogs
- Fresh and simple ingredients (sweet potatoes and real venison meat) provide natural sources of protein and carbohydrates
- For all breeds and life stages
- Limited ingredients make this an ideal food for dogs with food allergies or sensitivities
- Grain free
- No artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids promote healthy skin and coat
- Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) dog food nutrient profile for all life stages
- Made in the USA
How it works:
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets are specially formulated to help reduce allergic reactions in dogs with food sensitivities. By using fresh protein sources and quality carbohydrates not found in many other dog foods (such as sweet potatoes and real venison meat) these simple ingredients may help to rebuild your dog's immune system and reduce allergic reactions. Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids from canola oil and flaxseed help to maintain your dog's skin health and shiny coat.
- Puppies: From six weeks to six months, feed three times a day. You may want to add a small amount of canned dog food for ease of feeding. The amount of canned dog food can be gradually decreased as the puppy matures. After six months, it is recommended to feed twice daily.
- Adult Dogs: Adult dogs should be fed either once or twice per day. When you first start feeding Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula, we suggest to start with the amounts recommended in the table below. Energy requirements vary with environmental conditions, temperature, and activity of your dog. The amount of food should always be adjusted to suit your dog's needs.
- Pregnant Dogs: A pregnant dog requires little or no increase of food during the first 6 weeks of pregnancy. During the remaining 3 weeks, the demand for nutrients will gradually increase and the food intake should increase accordingly. During the 7th week, the food intake should increase by approximately 10% and by 20% during weeks 8 and 9.
- Lactating Dogs: Lactation is the most nutritionally demanding period in your dog's life. Immediately after whelping, the nutritional demand for the new mother increases by 50% compared to the maintenance level. Nutritional requirements are dependent on the size of the mother and the number of nursing puppies. So as not to overwhelm the digestive system, the lactating mother should be fed 3 or 4 times per day. As a guideline, we suggest the following schedule: After whelping, feed 50% above maintenance level-feed in 3 equal meals per day.
- During the second week, feed twice the maintenance level-feed in 3 or 4 equal meals per day.
- During the third week, feed three times the maintenance level-feed in 3 or 4 equal meals per day.
- During the sixth week gradually reduce the food intake back to twice the maintenance level-feed in 3 equal meals per day.
- During weeks 7 and 8, feed 20% above maintenance levels-feed in 2 equal meals per day.
We recommend a gradual introduction by replacing the current food with increasing portions of the new Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula. The change should be over a 5 to 7 day weaning period.
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula
Store in a cool and dry place.
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula:
Ingredients: Sweet Potatoes, Venison, Potato Protein, Canola Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potato Fiber, Flaxseed, Natural Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Natural Mixed Tocopherols, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2), Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Folic Acid.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-6 Fatty Acids
Calorie Content: 345 kcals per 8 oz cup
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula is rated
Rated 5 out of
Hailey has suffered from very dry itchy skin.
Her hair was falling out. Today she looks like a show dog. 3Year's now and I would not give her anything else.
Date published: 2016-06-10
Rated 5 out of
this food is a life saver
I spent over $5000.00 on my dog in 3 yrs w/ ear and skin infections, hair loss allergy tests ,shots, serums, and more. I was so desperate. I found this food and it has saved her life.I was at wits end with these skin allergies. If you want a great dog food, buy this. And if your dog has intestinal,ear or skin problems, do not give any thing bit a limited ingredient diet eliminate all treats and human food. It is well worth the money. Thank you Natural Balance my dog and myself are so grateful. PS She loves it!!!
Date published: 2013-04-20
Rated 5 out of
Red itchy skin, constant diarhea, mangy coat, body odor and weight loss. We had all types of test ran. Finally realized he was allergic most common brands of dog food. We fed him Natural Balance in one months time we had a healthly, full of energy, dog. I can not begin to tell you how great this food.
Date published: 2013-03-23
Rated 5 out of
My Beagle was suffering with allergies so bad – red skin, flaking, scratching, etc. This food helps him so much – and he loves it. I’m a big fan of venison and was raised on it in Pennsylvania and know what a healthy protein it is – so I was hoping this grain-free food would work for him – and it really really does. No more skin problems and we won’t switch from Natural Balance now that he’s doing so good. Skin looks great, coat is shiny and he’s got lots of energy. 5 stars for this healthy, natural dog food for dogs with allergies!
Date published: 2012-01-13
Rated 5 out of
good for tummy sensitive breed
I have a Boston Terrier as well as a Boxer. Both breeds are known to have difficult tummies, gas etc. Our vet is a firm believer in "non grain diets" and recommended this food for us. It's worked great. Both dogs have regular bowl movements and they hardly ever pass gas. I think we partially got lucky and the dogs are generally healthy but I'm sure the food doesn't hurt either.
Date published: 2011-08-29
Rated 5 out of
Saved my dogs life
My lhasa apso has severe allergies, which have almost killed him more than once in his life. Now, he only gets this food and he is healthy. The only time he gets sick is when someone feeds him something other than this food. I've tried other brands and even other formulas of this brand, but this is the best food for him. He no longer has tear stains and his coat is beautiful.
Date published: 2011-06-07