What is Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Bison Formula?
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Bison Formula is part of the Allergy-Free line of foods created for dogs prone to food allergies or sensitivities. This dog food limits the ingredients in your dog's diet which may help to reduce allergic reactions such as skin problems, upset stomach, or an irritable bowel. Fresh sweet potatoes, real bison meat, canola oil, and salmon oil comprise the bulk of this food without any artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors.
Puppies and Dogs
- Fresh and simple ingredients provide natural sources of protein and carbohydrates
- Bison meat is rich in amino acids and contains less fat than other animal proteins found in many commercial pet foods
- For all breeds and life stages
- Limited ingredients make this an ideal food for dogs with food allergies or sensitivities
- Grain free
- Easily digestible
- No artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids promote healthy skin and coat
- Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) dog food nutrient profile for all life stages
- Made in the USA
How it works:
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets are specially formulated to help reduce allergic reactions in dogs with food sensitivities. By using fresh protein sources and quality carbohydrates (such as sweet potatoes and real bison meat) these simple ingredients may help to rebuild your dog's immune system and reduce allergic reactions. The bison meat used in this formula was raised on an all natural diet free of antibiotics and hormones. Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids from canola oil and salmon oil help to maintain your dog's skin health and shiny coat.
- Puppies: From six weeks to six months, feed three times a day. You may want to add a small amount of canned dog food for ease of feeding. The amount of canned dog food can be gradually decreased as the puppy matures. After six months, it is recommended to feed twice daily.
- Adult Dogs: Adult dogs should be fed either once or twice per day. When you first start feeding Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Bison Formula, we suggest to start with the amounts recommended in the table below. Energy requirements vary with environmental conditions, temperature, and activity of your dog. The amount of food should always be adjusted to suit your dog's needs.
- Pregnant Dogs: A pregnant dog requires little or no increase of food during the first 6 weeks of pregnancy. During the remaining 3 weeks, the demand for nutrients will gradually increase and the food intake should increase accordingly. During the 7th week, the food intake should increase by approximately 10% and by 20% during weeks 8 and 9.
Lactation is the most nutritionally demanding period in your dog's life. Immediately after whelping, the nutritional demand for the new mother increases by 50% compared to the maintenance level. Nutritional requirements are dependent on the size of the mother and the number of nursing puppies. So as not to overwhelm the digestive system, the lactating mother should be fed 3 or 4 times per day. As a guideline, we suggest the following schedule:
- After whelping, feed 50% above maintenance level-feed in 3 equal meals per day.
- During the second week, feed twice the maintenance level-feed in 3 or 4 equal meals per day.
- During the third week, feed three times the maintenance level-feed in 3 or 4 equal meals per day.
- During the sixth week gradually reduce the food intake back to twice the maintenance level-feed in 3 equal meals per day.
- During weeks 7 and 8, feed 20% above maintenance levels-feed in 2 equal meals per day.
We recommend a gradual introduction by replacing the current food with increasing portions of the new Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Bison Formula. The change should be over a 5 to 7 day weaning period.
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Bison Formula
Store in a cool and dry place.
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Bison Formula:
Ingredients: Sweet Potatoes, Bison, Potato Protein, Canola Oil (preserved with natural mixed tocopherols), Dicalcium Phosphate, Potato Fiber, Natural Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Salmon Oil (a source of DHA), Choline Chloride, Taurine, Natural Mixed Tocopherols, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2), Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Folic Acid.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)
Omega-6 Fatty Acids
Calorie Content: 345 kcals per 8 oz cup